Location: Cudahy, WI
Responsible for managing, directing and coordinating the Utilities and Facilities department, as well as overseeing the onsite Wastewater Treatment Plant. This also includes supporting and leading compliance with Process Safety Management (PSM).
- This position is responsible for managing, directing and coordinating the Utilities and Facilities department.
- Facility Maintenance includes directing supervisor and/or crew leads in maintianing the entire facility building and grounds.
- Utilities includes ammonia refrigeration, steam and condensate, compressed air, hot/cold water systems, and high voltage maintenance.
- This position is also responsible for managing/directing supervision over the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Responsible for supporting and leading compliance with Process Safety Management (PSM).
- Lead and manage technical maintenance activities, troubleshooting and the repair of ammonia refrigeration equipment including boilers, vessels, evaporators, condensers, pumps, motors, compressors, valves and other refrigeration equipment.
- Inspects facilitites for needed maintenance work or views work order, address facilities needs and other requests for services reeived from outside departments.
- Supervise, train and develop subordinates,
- Supervise, implement and imropve on current preventative maintenance program.
- Ensure compliance with all facets the EPA's Risk Management program Regulation of a hazardous chemicals.
- Coordinate outside contractors to make repairs as needed.
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance as required by PSM schedules.
- Responsible for maintaining, repairing and examining refrigeration systems -both Ammonia and Freon.
- Test and evaluate operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunctions.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs. Ensure all ammonia safety equpment is up to date.
- Comply with Safety Programs to ensure protection of employees and property.
- Manage monthly departmental budgets.
- Assist with Capital and Expense Project planning.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 5+ years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Possesses advanced technical skills in the mechanical / electrical fields (e.g. PLCs, instrumentation, mechanical engineering, etc.) and is able to lead resource planning efforts in a large manufacturing environment.
- Thorough knowledge of world-class maintenance management systems, work order processes, preventive/predictive maintenance, TPM, etc.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of and the Internet. Well versed in the use of SAP.
- Strong interpersonal and technical skills required; presentation skills preferred.
- May be required to work long hours and weekends.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in the Maintenance Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.