As a Project Engineer, you will primarily be responsible for conducting vehicle and component-based evaluations of transmission and driveline systems, such as axles, all-wheel drive systems. Vehicles can include battery electric vehicles, hybrid electric powertrains as well as conventional transmissions.
- Supporting a variety of projects encompassing several aspects of transmissions, driveline component, hybrid- and electric vehicle development
- Collaborating closely with our clients and meeting and/or exceeding our clients' technical and timing expectations within the predefined project budget limits.
- Planning experiments and test setups, data acquisition and -analysis, interpreting results to guide future tests, as well as preparing and giving detailed customer presentations/reports
- Understanding of transmission systems and hands-on aptitudes/interest with strong attention to detail and desire/ability to understand acquired test results is key
- BSME or BSEE minimum required
- 2+ years' experience/understanding transmissions and driveline components
- Understanding of electrical vehicles and electric drive units
- Experience with data acquisition systems
- Demonstrated experience in vehicle & driveline testing
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects and provide direction to less experienced assistant engineers as well as technicians and fabricators
- Valid driver's license
- Data acquisition equipment HW/SW such as ATI Vision, ETAS INCA, CANape, CANalyzer, CSM
- Hybrid system and high voltage system knowledge
- Programming (Excel/Visual Basic, MATLAB, Simulink)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Project)
- Demonstrated teamwork and project execution skills
- Exceptional customer communication and presentation skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must occasionally lift and/or move more than 5-10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.