Job Title: Process Engineer/ Operational Excellence
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
Department: 320-QC Reports to: VP of Engineering & Quality
Date: August 2022 EEOC: 2-Professional
Design and implement manufacturing processes to ensure processes and equipment have the capability to meet customer requirements for all products shipped. Implement process improvements to positively impact product quality, productivity, and costs. Assist in product design and production of samples in support of the Change Management & APQP processes. Develop and support operational excellence initiatives for the site.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify improvement opportunities to drive quality and equipment throughput.
- Optimize processes to attain lower manufacturing costs and increase productivity
- Find solutions to improve existing operational procedures.
- Promote a clean and safe workplace.
- Improve process procedures by partnering with operating employees in various departments to collect and analyze and implement results.
- Document and improve clarity of key procedures within manufacturing.
- Partner with other teams to develop operational excellence initiatives and implement to the organization.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Regular attendance is required to succeed in this role.
Education & Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in manufacturing shop floor transformation
- Previous experience in making changes to the workplace
- Experience with SyteLine business software is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to make decisions
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience manufacturing industries.
- Black Belt certified is required. Demonstrated project success.
Direct Reports: No direct reports initially.
- Experience in continuous improvement projects
depending on experience, they are flexible.