: Functional Safety Engineer
This role will focus on all of the safety aspects of the electrolyzer system. This product focused position applies highly specialized knowledge of engineering principles, safety standards and global Codes and Regulations to ensure that the electrolyzer system design meets all these safety regulations. This role will also drive completion of the validation, assessments and documentation to ensure the product is fully safety compliant to regional requirements. This role effectively communicates the capability of a system-level design concept to meet a vast set of requirements including a holistic assessment of alternative design concepts and leads the development of system-level requirements by working effectively with other engineering and cross-functional disciplines.
- Hazop and Lopa - Participation Experience is MANDATORY!
- Experience designing safety requirement specifications - SRS
- Must have knowledge and experience in Instrumentation and Control, Automation, Instrumentation and Electrical
- SIL Verification - ExSILentia Software
- Participation in Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), Site Acceptance Test (SAT)
- Must Have IEC61511 - Functional Safety specific to Electrical Functional Safety!!
- Knowledge with Safety Codes and standards in the Hydrogen or process industry.
- Maintaining and monitoring the gaps or limitations of a product line from a safety standpoint and develop plans to address them as part of the product road map
- Working closely with other platform leaders to define processes and tools for Safety management of electrolyzers
- Partnering with the functional engineers in the planning, delivery and execution of engineering plans.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and help with prioritization of work
- BS Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant experience