Windows GUI Engineer
Redwood City, CA
This position will work with cross functional team for developing software for future products. Join a team committed to revolutionizing BPH surgical treatment, this position will have the opportunity to excel within a high-energy, small, focused team environment, maintain a strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward, and to make work fun and interesting. Collaborate with Firmware, EE, Mechanical, System Analysts, and Clinical teams on design, development, and integration. The candidate will contribute to system design and architecture development, author requirement and verification protocols and perform protocol execution, and deliver complex solutions to market and support fielded product(s).
- Set a committing and delivering example, mentoring junior team members
- Own and complete tasks with the time pressures typical of new product development
- Develop, debug, and maintain software for existing and new generation product.
- Develop cloud enable strategy to integrate Robot with web service in the cloud to support cloud-based data collection and data analysis
- Work closely with cross-functional groups and subject domain experts to define product requirements
- Key contributor to SW system architecture, SW design and SW unit test documentations
- Play significant role in code review and SW unit testing, integration testing and test automation
- Work closely with colleagues to conduct Software/firmware/hardware integration
- Key domain expert for software technical reviews and software development phase reviews
- Define and review software verification and validation test plan
- Represent software on customer complaint analysis team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in in CS/EE/BME or equivalent and 6 years of direct software development experience, or master’s degree with 4+ years of experience
- Highly self-directed and self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Object Oriented Design and .Net/C#/WPF and Windows GUI design
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems, networking and multi-threading development
- Experience with SW requirements gathering, software architecture, coding, code review, unit testing, integration testing and functional testing
- Experienced with Windows based GUI design and development, and its test automation
- Experience with SW Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and change control process and tools.
- Highly proactive developer and experienced system debugger
- Familiarity with Medical Device regulations (e.g. ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304) highly desirable
- Familiarity with UI/UX Design Tools (Sketch, Figma, Invision, etc.)
- Experience with SW development project management
- Familiarity with Python, Power Shell, or other scripting languages
- Experience with HIPAA and GDPR