Title: Technical Solution Architect
Location: Woodbridge, Ontario; Canada
Role Reports To: Global Delivery Head
In this role, the Technical Solution Architect will be working along with the global teams. The individual should be an expert in multiple technology stack for client server, Web and Mobile platforms, conceptualization, and be able to design and create high level multi-tier architecture design documents consisting of design consideration for Responsive & Progressive Device Agnostic design, UI/ UX and application and infrastructure security.
Must also be able to understand and comprehend device architecture and its communication with software applications.
10% of Time · Collaborate with internal teams / Solution Architects to produce software design and architecture · Work with a cross-functional team including analyst, PMs, and business stakeholders to understand existing application landscape and design a future proof solution.
75% of Time · Should be able to communicate with both business and technology team effectively. · Should be able to understand and comprehend existing application, infrastructure and device and communication protocol and create As is document. · Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional specifications · Should understand security protocols that protect users from external threats. · Should be able to understand various automated testing tools. · Should understand concept of iterative development and leverage DevOps tools for CI & CD · Builds productive internal/external working relationships o
15% of Time · Aware of organizational strategy · Proactive communication/soft skills · Challenges ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions · Lead/participate in Knowledge sharing workshops
- Minimum Degree Requirements: Bachelors
- Preferred Degree Requirements: Bachelors
- Preferred Major Area of Study: Computer Science
- Preferred years of related experience:15+ Years
Specific Job Experience or Skills Needed
- Domain Expertise
- Deep knowledge of OOPS, front end and back-end technologies
- Knowledge of DevOps (Containerization / Jenkins Pipeline, etc.)
- Ability to understand Performance issue
- Experience with database systems, with knowledge of SQL and NoSQL stores (e.g., MySQL, Oracle / MongoDB, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience on cloud related technologies (AWS/GCP / Azure)
- Proficient in multiple stacks of technologies / systems / tools and focus on building depth and breadth of skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to build a work plan or parts of a work plan, as applicable.
- Start to be a go-to resource for the team or business group
- Demonstrate initiative and ownership by proactively resolving issues and taking on multiple tasks
- Agile/Digital Experience
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Sufficient task/sprint estimation
- Technical Skill Set:
- Web Related Must Have
- API Nice to Have
- DevOps Must Have
- Containers, GIT, Jenkins, Chef
- Automated Testing Nice to Have
- Enzyme , Mocha , Selenium Web Driver
- Cloud Nice to Have
- Database Must Have
- Data / Integration App Good to Have
- Python / Spark / Scala, Hadoop
- Note: * Technical Architect is not expected to know all the above-mentioned technologies, they need to be proficient in multiple technology stacks.
- Individual Skills
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Mindset & Behaviors
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging/disruptive technologies, open to learning new ideas.
- Experimentation to expand knowledge of core technologies
- Creating a positive environment within the Project team
- Strong team player and be a technical lead for the team.
- Challenge the status quo