Title: Production Readiness and Implementation Engineer
Location: Washington, DC - Philadelphia, PA - New York, NY - Boston, MA and/or Chicago, IL
The primary purpose of the role is to manage various critical readiness activities, including leading operational readiness projects, commissioning plans and providing expert operational readiness advice and guidelines to stakeholders to ensure requirements are known, managed and well-coordinated.
- Lead the definition and management of critical operational readiness requirements, commissioning milestones and activities to facilitate the introduction of the Fleet.
- Provide expert operational readiness support and manage critical interfaces with key business stakeholders for program/project scope definition, design, commissioning, operator acceptance, and training.
- Manage and facilitate programs and operational readiness exercises to support stakeholders to prepare to operate and maintain the new assets and capabilities being delivered.
- Provide operational readiness expertise, guidance and direction to ensure the operational readiness program/projects are achieved on time and to budget.
- Track performance of operational readiness against defined milestones and report on progress, risks, resolution and escalation of issues through governance channels where needed.
- Define and communicate operational readiness capability requirements to the business.
- Review and influence operational readiness and commissioning requirements to ensure these are covered in the safety assurance process and risks are effectively mitigated.
- Implement the deployment of standard project management systems, procedures and tools across the organization.
- Execute safety responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities consistent with safety management system requirements as defined in safety plans
- Research and apply critical-thinking techniques in analysing information, identify interrelationships and make recommendations based on relevant evidence.
- Establish performance outcomes and measures for key project goals, and define monitoring, reporting and communication requirements.
- Understand and use available technologies to maximise efficiencies and effectiveness
- 4-6 years relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Engineering, Project Management or Business) or equivalent industry experience.
- Extensive Project Management, Commissioning and Operational Readiness experience in the rail industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good collaborative skills and ability to work with both suppliers and internal staff.