Job Title: Infotainment and Connected Services Validation Engineer - Associate - 4178
Location: Windsor, Ontario N8W 5B5
The Infotainment and Connected Services Validation Engineer will be responsible for participating in and performing, but not limited to, the following tasks:
• User Acceptance Testing- Testing the software to make sure it can handle required tasks in real-world scenarios, per specifications.
• Test Case Creation – Create test cases based off specifications. Questions specification author if requirements are not clear.
• Defect Management -- Participating in Standard Defect Management practices: defect creation, clarification, retesting, and verification. The Validation Engineer will be responsible for creating clear, accurate, and reproducible defects from which a developer can resolve defects.
• Root Cause Analysis – Performing the first level of triage of a defect during testing.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT or Engineering degree
• 1-3 years of experience in embedded system testing (will consider internships or coops as part of that experience).
• 1 years of experience with CAN
• Linux/QNX/Command Line and/or Telnet
• Test case writing
• Ticket/defect management experience
• In-vehicle Connected Vehicle Application experience (i.e. cloud/SDP)
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Fast Learner, clear, concise, precise communication skills both oral and written
• Ability to discern what issues need management escalation and when.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science/IT or Engineering
• Experience with CAPL
• Experience and knowledge of cutting edge technologies within the connected vehicle
• Experience and Knowledge with infotainment features
Travel and Driving Notes:
Will be required to drive a company vehicle. A valid driver’s license as well as a clean driving record.
Will be required to travel domestically up to 20%.
Onsite (at ARDC) with some travel to the US for meetings.
Must be able to travel to the US.