Onward Technologies is seeking a qualified mid-level Automation Engineer with life sciences experience in the Rahway, NJ area. Mid-Senior level Automation Engineer experienced in instrumentation, control systems, and BMS experience in Honeywell, Siemens, Rockwell, or JCI. As an Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for the VQV efforts & provide SME input for automated systems.
Great things about working with Onward:
- Established engineering firm that is an ESOP company with many locations!
- Much room for growth - many levels of engineering!
- Every hour worked will be paid straight time!
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance with low employee cost-sharing
- H1B and TN Visa candidates will be considered
- Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience in the pharma manufacturing industry/environment
- As a Controls Engineer you will be responsible for developing/supporting controls and automation systems related to sterile unit operations.
- Machinery may include: Sterile Fillers/Filling Equipment, Lyophilization Equipment, and Support Equipment
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
Required / Qualifications:
- Must have Rockwell Automation PLC, HMI, SCADA, Historian, etc. experience within the pharma industry
- Emerson DeltaV DCS is preferred
- PLC proficiency (Rockwell or Siemens)
- Project Management experience required
- Dirty and Clean Utilities experience required
- Experience in the Life Sciences Industry required.
- Understanding of Project Lifecycle from conceptual design phase through startup, commissioning, and qualification
- Hands-on experience with instrumentation, process equipment, and control panels
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s, Electrical schematics, and M/P diagrams
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organizational and communication/people skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Strong verbal and written
Preferred / Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Industrial Networks, VMS, VPNs
- Understanding of electrical design fundamentals and Power Distribution Systems