Job Title: Design Release Engineer - Intermediate - 230
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
Seat Module ECU Design & Release Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and release of the Memory Seat Module, Power Seat
Modules, 3rd Row Power Seat Modules. The responsibilities will include, change management and issue resolution, root causing field and validation
issues, understanding and supporting vehicle function documents, vehicle development and other Electrical Engineering teams.
The candidate will
also manage suppliers to design, develop and release these components, responsible for supplier management to meet program and Electrical
Development timing and deliverables. The Engineer will follow, track and determine root cause of build issues found during pre-production builds
and vehicle issues found during development and will be responsible for issue resolution prior to launch of the program and warranty analysis of all
the components after the launch.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum of 3 years of design/release experience in automotive components.
- Knowledge of CAN/LIN bus and experience with circuit analysis
- Working knowledge of Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA), PFMEA, Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R), CAE, GD&T, and i-Speed
- Design and development experience in Team Center and NX
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Strong organizational, program management, leadership and communication skills required
- Result oriented, energetic self-starting leader with ability to direct cross --functional teams
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and or MBA from an ABET accredited university
- Experience developing Performance Standards
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) using proactive quality tools, knowledge of Shainin Red X using reactive quality tools
- Automotive assembly plant and/or program launch experience