|Job Title||Manufacturing Engineer 2 - 207-1|
The main function of a manufacturing engineer is to apply engineering theory and principles to problems of industrial layout or manufacturing production. A typical manufacturing engineer has the ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints.
|Location||NC-Sanford-BCP 5000 Womack Road Plant|
|Candidate Responsibilities||Job Responsibilities:
• Study time, motion, methods, and speed involved in maintenance, production, and other operations to establish standard production rate and improve efficiency.
• Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
• Read worker logs, product processing sheets, and specification sheets, to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications.
• Aid in planning work assignments in accordance with worker performance, machine capacity, production schedules, and anticipated delays.
• Prepare charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, and machine utilization.
|Typical Day||Troubleshoots day-to-day assembly process issues, initiates solutions, and follows-up to evaluate effectiveness of changes. Analyzes and recommends current and future systems, procedures, training, and equipment needs based upon understanding and communication with users.
Candidate will be on-site starting day 1. 5-10%: Training and development (Systems, assembly line knowledge, and product knowledge) 30-40%: On assembly line (continuous improvement implementation, data gathering, and daily line support). 50-60%: At desk and in meetings (team meetings, collaboration with design engineers, plant layout designs, and continuous improvement ideation and design. First round of interviews is virtual; second round on-site (if relocating willing to do second interview virtually) ******Position is 100% onsite******* Resource will be on factory floor often. Will need steel toe boots Monday-Thursday 7am-4pm Friday 7am-11am; potential overtime opportunity
• Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
• 2-4 years experience required.
|Technical Skills Required||Skills:
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Team player and detail oriented.
• Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
• Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD).
|Soft Skills Required|
|Remote/Onsite||On-site - Full time|
|Onsite Interview Required?||No|