|Job Title||Design Engineer 3 -108-1|
The main function of a design engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. A typical systems engineer analyzes user needs, and then designs, tests, and develops software to meet those needs.
|Location||IL-Mossville-Tech Center Building E|
|Candidate Responsibilities||Job Responsibilities:
• Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
• Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
• Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
• Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
|Typical Day||Will be spending 100% of their time in an office setting working through issues investigation and supporting their peers with similar work. -Flexible work time around core hours
achelors’ degree in engineering or equivalent experience, with 5+ years of product related and/or field experience. -Will consider associates degree with adequate experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
• 5-7 years experience required.
|Technical Skills Required||Skills:
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
• Ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
• Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
• Knowledge of computer development software across multiple platforms.
|Soft Skills Required|
|Remote/Onsite||On-site - Full time|
|Onsite Interview Required?||No|