Title: Senior Vision Controls Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Coordinates and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of controls software engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility. Acts as the company’s representative to subordinates and the customer representatives, which includes leading by example.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compliance with company, legal, and regulatory requirements for Health, Safety, and Environmental topics in order to foster a culture of Health & Safety.
- Supervises controls vision engineering resources for the assigned projects on shop floor at customer site.
- Responsible for maintaining a standard vision software solution for all common components and equipment on an assigned project.
- Evaluates vision software solutions with respect to feasibility and cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for readiness of equipment for Work Package 9.35 meetings and customer run-offs.
- Supports and gathers required project information for interim and final project status reports for the Project Manager.
- Executes vision software product design, feasibility studies, preparation of specifications and technical documentation.
- Carries out engineering solutions and designs in compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and project specifications.
- Develops and implements vision software designs from functional specifications.
- Performs debug and commission activities on shop floor and customer site.
- Prepares vision software documentation for customer approval and final documentation.
- Addresses potential problems and carries out appropriate actions individually or proposes solutions to the project engineer depending on the severity of the problem.
- Supports communication with customers, suppliers, and company project team regarding all controls issues in assigned project in support of the Project Manager.
- Regular attendance at the assigned job site(s).
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 6 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports and manuals.
- Ability to perform customer training.
- Ability to understand specifications, including company, customer, government and safety.
- Ability to understand customer and applicable international standard requirements and to accordingly execute R & M related tasks like FMEA’s, fault tree analysis, etc.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as geometry, trigonometry and reliability calculations.
- Determination of test reliability and validity, analysis or variance and correlation techniques.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot various proprietary machine vision software programs and various vision applications (i.e. Cognex, or Gig E)
- Working knowledge of vision software development, commissioning, and execution plans.
- Working knowledge of HMI development, commissioning, and execution plans.
- Working knowledge of project scheduling software (i.e. Workfront).