: Design Engineer 1 - 552-1
The main function of a design engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. A typical design engineer analyzes user needs, and then designs, tests, and develops software to meet those needs.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Work with team leader to design aftermarket enhancement kit.
- Validate the system reliability and functionality.
- Develop and execute component electrical and mechanical test plan.
- BSME, BSEE or Related Engineering Field
- Basic mechanical design or electronics & electrical knowledge
- Basic system interaction and boundary diagram knowledge
- Basic hardware and software development knowledge
- Basic software development code writing and reading
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Experience working with customers and suppliers.