Job Title: Product Development Engineer – Circular Economy Powertrain - Intermediate - 950
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Product Development Engineer – Circular Economy Transmission;, manages the ideation and innovation phases of Circular Economy revenue opportunities and brings these opportunities to fruition. Opportunities are the 4 R’s - remanufacturing, recycle, re-use and repair. Once feasibility and profitability is approved, the engineer also manages the development and release of these programs, with a focus on remanufacturing opportunities. Selected candidate will track development and releases through the multiple departments to ensure parts are placed on shelf or sourcing of a particular program to a 3rd party supplier within agreed upon time schedules. This position requires a team player with excellent interpersonal skills able to work in a dynamic cross-functional team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Develop project objectives and plans by providing input specific to product/process design requirements, project elements, and project scheduling.
• Determine product specifications by studying product design, requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
• Identify and implement (internally or at supplier) new and emerging technologies, equipment, and competencies required to support the portfolio growth.
• Understand engineering aspects of past-model parts, such as design, specifications, and materials, in order to release remanufactured parts without affecting original design intent.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• 3+ years for Transmission commodities in either a Powertrain plant manufacturing setting or Transmission drive systems product development.
• 3 years of remanufacturing or repair experience in powertrains or hybrid drive system components.
• Experience managing several simultaneous projects and ensure resources are allocated appropriately to meet timing.
• Microsoft Office proficiency.
• Ability to interpret Engineering Drawings (GD&T Knowledge preferred but not required).
• Knowledgeable in Teamcenter & NX.
• Travel required to supplier sites or manufacturing facilities.
Additional Information / Must Have's:
*Transmission focused role*
1. Experience in manufacturing of or remanufacturing of, transmissions) - MUST HAVE 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE (#1)
2. Experience in the management or support of field returns of defective parts and analyzing and determine root cause of the failure modes for above commodities.
3. Experience managing several simultaneous projects with deadlines.
o Onsite/ Remote Hybrid
Driving a company vehicle is a requirement. - Clean driver’s license.
• Amount of travel, of so where:
20-40%. North America (may be Mexico or Canada) but 99% USA.