Job Title: Design Release Engineer - Intermediate - 7662
Location: Windsor, Ontario
The Design Release Engineer (DRE)’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the design and production release of one or more powertrain components.
Projects may include EGR components, fuel system components, electronic throttle controls and other actuators and components for ICE, PHEV, and BEV vehicles released for NAFTA and/or global markets. The selected candidate will: develop designs to include all existing known best design practices, as well as DFMA (design for manufacturability and assembly) and DFS design for service. They will develop DFMEA’s, DVP&Rs, author source packages, organize technical reviews and provide technical direction in source selection.
The DRE will lead and facilitate resolution of component issues, lead design changes through change management process, and support supplier quality assurance. The Design Release Engineer will work with suppliers (through Development Phases and with cross-functional teams (Chief Engineers, architecture, purchasing, platform managers, program managers, and quality engineers) to ensure the successful launch and release of the product.
Remote with occasional travel to the US required.
Must have valid driver’s license, transportation and be legally able to cross the border for meetings.
Top Required Skillsets:
- 3 years of Design Release Experience
- Familiarity with CAD & GD&T
- Familiarity with project management tools
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or a closely related engineering degree from an ABET accredited
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience in the field of actuator or engine component design (research graduate work may count towards experience).
- Experienced in validating and releasing of mechanical and/or electric components for automotive applications
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills, and demonstrated problem solving ability
- Experience with Design Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Experience with Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R)
- Knowledgeable in regards to GD&T
- Understanding of manufacturing and quality processes of electrical components
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or a closely related engineering degree from an ABET accredited university
- Component design and releasing experience
- Knowledge in electrified powertrain propulsion systems
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) green / black-belt
- Knowledgeable in use of Teamcenter with experience in NX in a production release environment