Job Title: CAE - Senior - 3624
Location: Windsor, Ontario
The CAE - Senior responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Analyze durability and structural characteristics of propulsion system components and systems using finite element method.
• Document and report the analysis results and make design recommendations.
• Ideal candidate would need a respectable mix of ground vehicle product development knowledge and CAE tools usage with FEA method application to analyze various assembly’s configurations.
- Master’s degree or above in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years of CAE durability analysis experience in automotive industry
- Demonstrated experience and expertise using ABAQUS,Nastran, FEMFAT or nCode, ANSA, Hypermesh, Optistruct or equivalent.
- Understanding of solid mechanics, durability/fatigue, vibration, and dynamics.
- Good knowledge of computer simulation, numerical methods, and FEA theory.
- Strong analytical and technical background in quasi-static, non-linear, durability/fatigue analyses.
- Excellent engineering judgment and ability to find solutions to progress and improve a design.
- Experience with fatigue calculation (under random vibration loads, road load vibration profile, shock profiles etc. with either FEMFAT or nCode).
- Experience with explicit FEA codes (LS-DYNA, ABAQUS EXPLICIT) is a plus.
- Strong verbal communication, written skills, and presentation skills.
- Should be proficient in use of office software (MS Office, MS TEAMS, MS OUTLOOK, MS SHAREPOINT, etc.).
- Experience with electrified powertrain component FEA.
- Experience with explicit FEA and codes (LS-DYNA, ABAQUS EXPLICIT).
- Familiarity with optimization and DOE methods (using iSight, Optistruct, HyperStudy or TOSCA).
- Practical know-how of manufacturing processes and their effect on product development.
- Familiarity with Linux/UNIX.
- Capability to develop in-house applications is a plus (i.e., Python, C++, Linux scripting, VB scripting).
- Other Requirements
- Excellent organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Willing to relocate to Windsor.
- Ability to travel to the US for meetings and training.