Job Title: Powertrain Engine Calibration Engineer - Intermediate - 460
Location: Chelsea, Michigan
The Engine Calibration Engineer for Emissions and Drivability is responsible for developing the engine calibrations to meet LEV II, LEV III emission standards at lowest system cost while delivering world-class drivability. The Engineer will work with the base engine hardware releasing groups, scientific labs, and vehicle teams. Develop and implement best practice design and calibration solutions. Perform verification testing in accordance with powertrain system functional objectives.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent from an ABET accredited University.
- 3-5 years of experience in emission systems calibration development.
- Ability to utilize Bosch engine control software and associated documentation (some direct Bosch software experience; 2-3 years would be preferred)
- Please note this on your resume.
- Minimum of 6 months of prior vehicle calibration experience of spark ignition or diesel engines; Fundamental knowledge of internal combustion engines and powertrain calibration Working knowledge of calibration tools (INCA /ATI), emissions regulations, and powertrain technologies. Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills; self-motivated and proactive strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to be on-site at the Chelsea Proving Grounds 70% of the time as needed; Ability to be on-site at CTC on occasion if the need arises.