Job Title: Product Engineer-Chassis Systems- 410
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
**HYBRID ROLE. LOOKING FOR LOCAL CANDIDATES**
Pay Range: $41-$44.83/hr
Product Engineer – Chassis suspension cradles, crossmembers, and sub-frames is responsible for the design, development, and validation of chassis structural components. The position will include all aspects of the upfront component design to ensure all system and vehicle level functional objectives are met and also performing the component and system level validation testing. Other aspects of the job include managing overall release of the components including the Bill of Material, CAD drawings, Design Verification Plan, and physical testing. Additional duties will include management of the cradle supplier, issuing engineering change notices, reviewing/approving FMEAs, DVP&Rs, vehicle build support, issue resolution and PPAP.
· Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Structural engineering or equivalent is required from an ABET accredited university.
· Minimum of 3 years of experience related to the design of Chassis structural parts.
· Previous experience with design, validation and manufacturing of stamped steel components, welded assemblies, and castings.
· Technical understanding of virtual design of structural components - CAE analysis for Fatigue, NVH, and Impact.
· Strong written / verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to use logical thinking to construct work plans to resolve complex issues with conflicting requirements across multiple organizations.
· Must have ability to work effectively within a team environment and be able to perform job responsibilities with little supervision.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint).
· Master of Science degree in Engineering or MBA
· Basic understanding of Team Center and NX and ability to function in those systems to support day to day responsibilities.