Desktop Technicians Desktop Technician Location: Mossville, Illinois The main function of a desktop technician is to research, design, develop, and test computer or computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military or scientific use. A typical desktop technician is responsible for supervising the manufacturing and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components.
Job Responsibilities: • Instruct and assign staff to provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process.
• Assign the testing and verification of hardware and support peripherals to staff to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements.
• Oversee the build, testing, and modification of product prototypes using working models or theoretical models constructed with computer simulation.
• Assign staff to analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
• Direct technicians, engineering designers or other technical support personnel as needed.
• Confer with engineering staff and consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
Qualifications: Education & Experience Required:
Technical Skills (Required)
Soft Skills (Required)
Minimum of associate degree
Bachelor’s degree preferred
8-10 years customer service related experience required.
Extended experience ( 8+ years) with Windows PC imaging, software installation/ troubleshooting and hardware upgrades.
Ubuntu PC imaging, software installation/ troubleshooting and hardware upgrades **