Job Title: Battery Systems Data Analyst Engineer - 740
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
Pay Range: $38-$40.95/hr
The Battery Systems Data Analyst Engineer will be responsible for the development of battery data analytics and predictive system engineering tools and application of these tools for design and development of xEV Battery Systems. The candidate will take a leading role in analyzing, mining, processing, and tracking the increasing amount of battery test data generated from battery, vehicle and fleet testing during the course of product development, testing, and validation. The candidate will be involved in multiple vehicle programs and deal with a broad range of data, i.e. cell level, pack-level, vehicle-level, and fleet-level. The ideal candidate is expected to be highly analytical, have experience in data analysis/processing, and have some background in electrified powertrain vehicles.
The responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Develop, document the engineering requirements for automotive traction battery systems. Lead other engineers and teams to balance requirements.
• Develop battery system usable energy walk system model by taking account of all system factors in usable energy walk. Create initial models, and develop the improvement plans and targets to optimize the system usable energy.
• Develop and apply battery data analytics and predictive system engineering tools (1D, simullink/matlab) for prediction and verification of battery system performance and thermal.
• Develop battery usage profiles and mission profiles for battery life modeling/ prediction/simulations and component designs for durability and other applications.
• Analyze battery and vehicle usage data from Fleet Test Vehicles to compare and validate battery life and performance models.
• Support development of appropriate battery usage history statistics and their online recording
• Analyze critical battery performance during the entire product lifecycle including: power and energy performance, battery life, safety performance.
• Help develop tests as needed for verifying battery system performance and execute product design improvements.
• Lead the data analysis activities and interpretation related to battery field performance to guide requirements development and product improvements
• Provide technical expertise in investigation of system issues and support root cause analysis and mitigation and corrective action plans.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Chemistry, Applied Physics, Aerospace, Industrial, Systems, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited, or ABET equivalent university.
• 3 years in product engineering design and development in automotive industry with 2 years of experience in mathematical modeling and data analysis/processing/mining
• Good understanding of Li-ion cell electrochemistry, cell/battery life models and battery life behavior.
• Excellent Matlab scripting skills or other languages e.g. Octave, Python
• Knowledge of design of experiments, parameter fitting, optimization, and data regression methods
• General knowledge of xEV Battery/BMS systems, xEV Vehicle/powertrain operation
• Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships and coach team members, and work with customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
• Master's degree in Engineering, as accredited by ABET or ABET equivalent; other graduate level technical degrees in the specific area of relevant specialty expertise may be considered.
• Minimum of 5 years in product engineering design and development in automotive industry with 3 years working experience in xEV technology applications and areas such as development of battery storage systems, high voltage architecture development, and/or electric powertrain components such as electric traction motors & power electronics.
• Understanding of thermal system performance modeling as it pertains to energy storage components
• Thorough knowledge of electrification technology functionality and features on the system level.
• High Voltage training and advance battery design/development experience is desirable.
• Experience in performance modeling with Matlab/Simulink, COMSOL, GT-Suite and ANSYS.
• Experience using a disciplined system development process based on ASPICE or CMMI model.
• Experience with DOORs, Canalyzer and Canape
• Knowledge of battery test methods and procedures
• Strong proactive and reactive engineering problem solving skills (including DFSS, Kepner Tregoe, 8D, 5Why, etc.)
Additional Info/Must Haves
Location - Auburn Hills, MI - Onsite/Remote Hybrid
No Driving of a Stellantis vehicle