Development / Research Engineer 9429 Location: Decatur, Illinois
The main function of a research engineer is to research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of products, equipment, systems and processes. A typical research engineer has the ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints.
Job Responsibilities: • Research, design, develop, manufacture, and test tools, engines, machines and other mechanical devices.
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
• Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendation to maintenance crew.
• Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using tools, equipment or software.
• Oversee installation, operation, maintenance and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
• Implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
Skills: • Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Team player and detail oriented.
• Displays attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative ideas.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Expert ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
• Expert ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
• Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD).
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 7 to 10 years of experience preferred. The number of years of experience can be reduced with an advanced degree.