Job Title: Validation Engineer - Associate - 7303
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Pay Range: $32-$35/hr
The Validation Engineer's responsibilities include performing verification and validation of automotive systems to meet federally regulated guidelines for software performance (OBD), safety requirements, manufacturability, and vehicle functionality. The Validation team is responsible for the validation of hardware, software, and vehicle functionality. Responsible for developing master DVP's for Vehicle Validation, creating and managing DVP&R's, the test procedures (including maintaining traceability of test artifacts to requirements), and initial root cause analysis activities. Additionally, the team is responsible for properly documenting test procedures and developing new tests as appropriate to enhance coverage. The Validation Engineer shall ensure test properties functionality for validating the appropriate functions, performing the tests and entering test results at all I-Points for all programs. The engineer will clearly document issues in PITS or GIM, and provide Validation Project Chief all DVP&R results and open issues found. The validation engineer provides leadership in the areas of formulation and implementation of testing strategies including traceability from requirements to results to achieve broader testing capabilities across multiple vehicle platforms.
Experience with following tools (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Computer, or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum 0-2 years of automotive test/validation work experience required
- Vector CANalyzer
- Excellent Communications Skills
- Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Plywood buck test engineer.
- Test vehicle function requirements are met for signal and communication for ICE and EVs
the modules and network management are performing properly (identify faults).
- Will be required to travel domestically 20%
- Will be onsite at ARDC with some travel to CTC (for vehicle pick up and drop off)
- Must be able to travel to the US for occasional meetings.
- Driving a Stellantis vehicle is required. Must have a clean driving record and valid driver's license.