Powertrain Electrical Triage Engineer - Fleet
The candidate will be in charge of triage, commissioning and testing of internal combustion and high voltage vehicle propulsion systems. He /She will follow a propulsion system development process from commissioning of the first mule vehicles in the prototype shops to assisting with End Of Line issues in the vehicle assembly plant with a primary focus on fleet support and related first level issue analysis. He /She must have experience using a variety of debugging tools such as Canalyzer, INCA, Oscilloscope etc. The Powertrain triage engineer will be responsible for but not limited to:
· Analyzing current issues at a propulsion system level and eventual issues coming from interaction with other nodes in the vehicle development process.
· Providing first level issue analysis
· Analyzing charging systems during interoperability tours by means of specific tools (i.e. Comemso)
· Assemble and analyze large, complex data sets
· Analyze large amounts of vehicle data to discover issues
· Playing an active role in pursuing engineering excellence, by de-bugging and defining containment actions and permanent solutions to vehicle related issues. The engineer will become an expert in high voltage electrified propulsion systems.Requirements:
· BS Engineering Degree with minimum of 1 year of previous automotive experience.
· Combination of business focus, analytical and problem solving skills in order to quickly define solutions within a specific vehicle application.
· Excellent oral and written and communication skills: ability to communicate to technical and non-technical project stakeholders.
· Ability to work within a team and with a proactive attitude
· Must be familiar with data logs analysis
· Must be able to handle issues at a propulsion system level
· Ability to use development tools like CDA, INCA, CANalyzer
· Proficiency with application engineering principles
-100% onsite at CTC
· Extensive knowledge and hands on use of INCA, CDA, CAN, CANalyzer, Canoe, and other Electrical root cause tools. Knowledge of Shanin Red X or other reactive quality tools. Hands on knowledge/experience with automotive propulsion systems.