Location: Mossville, Illinois
The main function of a mechanical engineer is to research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes. A typical mechanical engineer has the ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints. The focus of this role is on engine control valves. The job will focus on projects related to the design of engine control valves, cost reduction for engine control valves and resolving field issues for engine control valves.
• Research, design, develop, manufacture, and test tools, engines, machines and other mechanical devices.
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
• Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendation to maintenance crew.
• Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using tools, equipment or software.
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Team player and detail oriented.
• Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawing, schematics and computer-generated reports.
• Previous experience with computer applications and software related to engineering field, such as Computer Aided Design (CAD).
• Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
• Two to four years of experience preferred.