Child Automotive Seat Design Engineer
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Role-Design Engineer/Sr.Design Engineer/Lead Engineer
Minimum Experience: 8+ years
Qualifications: B. E. / B Tech. / M. E. / M Tech. in Mechanical/Automobile/Production Engineering.
1. Engineer with Plastic Product Development/Tool design/Child seat Design with Automotive background
2. Good hands-on experience on CAD tools like Catia-V5/Solid-works
3. Knowledge of GD&T and 3D annotations will be an added advantage.
4. Knowledge of Sheet metal manufacturing processes
5. Expertise in Automotive Interior/Exteriors Trim /Child Seat design
6. Knowledge of DVP/DFMEA/DFA/DFM with respect to Automotive Interior /Exteriors Trims
7. Must have good knowledge of Product Design and Development for Integrated Body Engineering Sub-systems (Interior and Exterior Trim and Plastic Product) from Concept-to-SOP
8. In-depth knowledge of automotive manufacturing processes and good understanding of materials used in Automotive
9. Experience in raising ECR/ECN and execution of BOM change management
10. Must be well conversant with Release system in automotive OEM environment.
11. Proactive with good analytical and problem solving ability to formulate Design, Development and Manufacturing Process Flow.
12. Participation in various Designs reviews to solve the interface issues, manufacturing issue.
13. Strong in Engineering fundamentals with excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation Skills.
14. Immediate joining
Duties, Role and Responsibilities:
1. Product Design and Development Support as per engineering standards and given project specifications.
2. Lead project and Support for Activities - CAD – 3D and 2D Concepts, Complex 3D Surface and Solid Modelling, 3D and 2D Modifications, Layouts, Integration and Packaging.
3. Strong liaison with OEM Engineering and cross functional teams - Helping in various concern resolutions pertaining to Design and Development
4. Participate in Design Review meetings and provide necessary inputs and clarifications to supplier’s team
5. Work closely with Design/manufacturing /quality/toolmaker
6. Coordination for data exchange and ensure defect free deliverables as per set timelines
7. Assist for Project planning, Open issues tracking, follow-up and escalation
8. Weekly and monthly reporting, presentations on project progress to OEM and Supplier management.
9. He must ensure that the CAD dataset to be analysed is valid & relevant prior to performing the Contact; Clash & Clearance Analysis. This dataset should be reviewed with the relevant Contextual Design Engineer.
10. Responsible to record & update the details of the Analysis tracker & notify Contextual Design Department when Supplier Part Analysis is complete.