Job Title: Prototype Build Engineer - Intermediate - 663
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
Pay Range: $36-$39.97/hr
The Prototype Build Engineer (Chassis) will be responsible for managing the engineering, development, tracking and timing of system and/or components for prototype builds also support activities including communicating build plans based on vehicle specifications, coordinating with purchasing and Release engineering. In addition, this individual will be responsible for leading multiple teams to ensure all program deliverables are met and any issues affecting build quality, engineering design, manufacturing process, and/or timing are resolved. The Prototype Build Engineer must have the ability to direct issue resolution at all levels.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical)
- 2 to 5 years of engineering experience (In Vehicle - Chassis)
- Knowledgeable in use of Unigraphics NX and Team Center Beginner to Intermediate level
- Knowledgeable regarding high strength steels, weld parameters, Casting, Machining, Assembly and GD&T
- Basic vehicles build process knowledge
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills
- Must be comfortable with preparing presentations and presenting to all levels.
- Strong self-starter able to manage multiple programs and communicate status to management.
- Minimum -5 years of relevant experience in automotive, military or aerospace field
- MSME - Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical