Job Title: Battery Pack Design Engineer - Senior - 110
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
Pay Range: $44.50-$47.50/hr
The Battery Pack Thermal Design Engineer – for high voltage battery hardware and integration is responsible for the end to end management of the design and production release of the battery pack assembly thermal system and related activities relative to aerothermo requirements. This person will work closely with the battery pack technical specialist and lead design release engineer to ensure all requirements are met and properly validated, both via simulations and through empirical testing for BSG, PHEV, and BEV vehicles released for global markets. Designs will comply and be provided in support of the Global Vehicle Safety and Compliance teams in all regions throughout APAC, EMEA, LATAM, and USMCA (including Mexico and Canada). Ideal candidate has some experience in electrified propulsion system design with preference to high voltage battery experience. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Develop the design of related components that satisfy vehicle level functional objectives.
• Coordinate ePT HVBS packaging activities with advanced concept engineering team.
• Execute programs through PDP that meet or exceed objectives for performance, cost, weight, investment, and quality.
• Develop and publish HVBS performance standards.
• Develop system level DVP and coordinate component level DVP with Tier 1 supplier.
• Execute design for manufacturing process and coordinate assembly process with manufacturing engineering.
***Hybrid - The US SRA Engineers are expected to be in at CTC 2-3 days a week.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or related engineering field from an ABET accredited/equivalent university.
• Minimum of 3 years in product engineering design release experience
|Familiar with CAD & GD&T , familiar with project management tools
• Ability to calculate and design heating and cooling management systems for high voltage battery applications.
• Guide development of technical specifications and engineering designs heating and cooling systems.
o Fluid heating and cooling plate designs and packaging.
o Fluid flow calculations and specifications of proper sizing of input and output piping.
o Fluid connections and ergonomic designs.
o Refrigerant based cooling and heating systems including heat pumps.
o Resistive matt heating systems for high voltage battery applications.
o Thermal pastes, thermal foams and related material.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• MicroSoft Suite Experience.
• Strong Presentation Skills.