Job Title: Technical Support - Intermediate - 458
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
Pay Range: $39-$42/hr
In a vehicle project the Technical Specialist is operatively attached to the Vehicle Technical Manager:
- Coordinate, as a Vehicle Technical Manager deputy
- Vehicle composition (core structure, interchangeability…)
- Product/Process convergence (hard points in zone meetings…)
- Coordinate the creation and organization of Connections/Fasteners
- Organize Connections/Fasteners meeting to coordinate the technical core team’s activity and identify roadblocks
- As owner of the Connections/Fasteners dashboard, define with the Technical Manager the follow-up and final KPI (escalation to Project Manager)
- Prepare and coordinate the Change Management meeting
- Continuation of Change Management coordination, multi-site coordination by sharing with the dedicated sites the modifications requested
- Contribute to the quality convergence by synchronizing the part modifications with the project planning (batch of modifications).
- Coordinate the Product/Process convergence & reactivity (mainly for Welding, Painting and Assembly) as a Technical Manager deputy:
- Participation to modification batches organization on main topics, based on Change Management information (break points, part number change…)
- Support defects solving coordination for main defects on Painting, Welding and Assembly.
- Coordinate the vehicle rework during the project:
- On used cars, for vehicles produced from X2 with dedicated rework/upgrade workshops (performed by team in charge of all mass production cars)
- On new car, for vehicles produced from batch method (XS) till SOP with rework/ upgrade workshops (performed by production site)
Hybrid Remote Position. 80% Remote. 20% In Office
Must be able to travel to US for occasional meetings.
Must live in Windsor, Ontario to be able to travel to ARDC and CTC easily.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum of 3-5 years automotive industry experience at an OEM or large tier 1 in Product development engineering
- Must be a highly motivated, detail oriented, and a self-directed process thinker
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong written and presentation skills are a must
- Advanced to expert skill level in using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Full Program Life-cycle Experience
- Launch experience a plus
- Manufacturing process fundamentals understanding
- Ability to quickly learn use of proprietary software