|Description:The candidate will be responsible for the Design, development and release of Advanced Driver Assist (ADAS) components - long/short range radar, cameras (human/machine vision), ultrasonic sensors, and associated processing ECUs. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Program & supplier management
• Open issue tracking with proactive issue resolution
o Delivery to all vehicle program milestones, and all aspects of cradle to grave release activity (specifications, sourcing documents, engineering change management, requirements clarification and cross-functional team alignment, generate program development timelines, lead component packaging, component/system HW/SW validation plans, develop ECU diagnostics, conduct HW/SW design reviews, author/review/approve FMEAs & DVPRs, PFMEA reviews, process standards, in-plant calibrations, launch support, safe-launch plan development, identify quality improvements, rapid response to warranty, technical cost reductions, etc.).
• Responsible for risk identification and maintaining detailed risk assessment, mitigation, and management plans with frequent updates to senior leadership.
• Work closely with ADAS Functional Integration engineers and cross-functional teams to execute and validate complex ADAS systems.Requirements:
• A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Automotive Engineering from an ABET accredited university
• Minimum 1 year design and release experience with automotive ECUs (electronic modules)
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team in a remote environment
• Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment; requires minimal direction
• Logical thinker who can sort through complex issues in pursuit of a resolution
• Detail oriented, results driven Engineer with
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Docs
• Excellent program management and organizational skills
• Experience with design, development, and release of ADAS systems/components
• Experience with DFMEAs, PFMEAs, and DVPRs
• Familiar with CAN/LIN/LVDS communication protocols and troubleshooting tools
• Experience in root cause and DFSS techniques (is-is not, 5-why, DMAIC, 8D, 5-penny, fishbone/fault-tree analysis)
• Experience using Vector tools (CANoe, CANalyzer)
Additional Informaiton/ Must Have's:
1. A minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Automotive Engineering
2. Minimum 1 year design and release experience with automotive ECUs (electronic modules)
3. Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team in a remote environment
4. Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment; requires minimal direction
5. Experience with any of DFMEA, PFMEA, DVPR, DV, PV, validation
Remote is acceptable. Remote with infrequent hybrid capability is preferred.
Will this position be required to drive a Stellantis vehicle during the assignment? - "This is not a hard requirement, but is preferred in case in-vehicle testing is required (only if the person can support onsite/remote hybrid)"
Minimal travel is required. The candidate may require infrequent travel to Windsor, Brampton, Auburn Hills, and/or Metro Detroit area (Updated on 8/1/22)