Component Development Technician
Location: Mossville, Illinois
Component Development Technician in Mossville, Illinois.
* 2 year associate degree in Electronics Technology or Diesel Power or a related field and 8 to 10 years of work experience OR a 4 year Engineering Technology degree OR a High School diploma or GED with at least 8 years of technical experience.
* Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem-solving ability.
* Team player.
* Detail oriented.
* Knowledge of electrical components and/or hydraulic components.
* Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
* Knowledge of relevant computer applications, such as Microsoft Office products.
In this role, the candidate will plan, execute and report the results of testing on electrical components. Testing includes performance, electrical, environmental, and durability. Candidates will integrate with fellow technicians and engineering staff. Required skills include knowledge of safe work practices, multimeters, oscilloscopes, soldering/harnessing, and hand tools. Candidates should also have proven experience working on a team. Previous experience working in a lab environment is a plus. An ideal candidate will have previous experience working with or on diesel/natural gas engines. This position is a key contributor to a team of technicians that are executing development and validation testing. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting on testing on electrical/electronic components in a timely manner. This is a fast-paced environment and flexibility is important as well as adhering to known testing standards. The incumbent will be responsible setting their day to day schedule to align their deliverables with the needs of the division. The incumbent will also provide input for process/design improvements as needed.