The Body, Chassis, Interior (BCI) Quality Team is looking for a Technical Synthesis Quality Lead to join our team focused on ensuring all project quality targets are met, managing launch timelines & deliverables and insure the transition to quality volume production.
Specific Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Writes the control sheets for any new part
• Translates control sheets for the carry-over parts
• Establishes a quality status of all the incoming parts and fill in SIGAPP accordingly (ensures that the inspection report is complete and that the parts comply with the definition at each stage)
• Loop back with the Design Business line upon arrival of a new part to confirm the need and the nature of the change
• Analyses all chassis defects detected either on incoming parts, or during the manufacturing process, or on vehicle
• Performs a daily follow-up of all defects towards the project team
• Participates to any Chassis line side review with the manufacturing team
• Writes the process sheets for transitory solutions
• Asks for any necessary deviation
• Contributes to the APQP/PPAP process
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Materials /Chemical/ Civil/ Aerospace) from an ABET accredited university. ***A BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.***
• Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in automotive areas of Product Engineering, Manufacturing, Supplier Quality and/or Product Quality.
• Knowledge of APQP/PPAP & Supplier Quality Manual.
• Statistical data analysis and metrology principles, Root Cause Analysis methods.
• Knowledge of defect resolution, escalation processes and follow up.
• Understanding of vehicle design, assembly, and process control.
• Understanding of tooling and in plant processes.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and communications skills with ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to develop an action plan and drive the procedures for issue resolution.
• Self-motivated. Able to meet deadlines with ability to work with cross-functional teams.