Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
- Reads drawings to build tubing and piping systems for industrial control equipment.
- Confers with engineering to select proper fittings, piping, and tubing as required.
- Bends tubing for machine assembly.
- Cuts and threads pipe to specific dimensions (to prints).
- May assist with other machine assembly operations.
- Verifies incoming components to Bill of Material.
- Advises manufacturing lead of material shortages or point-of-use material required.
- Assists with shop maintenance, cleanup, and organization.
- Prepares projects for shipment.
- Local, national, and some international travel may be required for machine/system installation and repair.
- May travel locally to vendor & customer facilities for pickup & drop-off of materials.
- 5 years professional experience; machine tool piping experience required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and piping schematics, and to assist with troubleshooting.
- Candidate must supply own tools.