The Battery Management System (BMS) End of Line Engineer is responsible for supporting design and releasing teams in manufacturing and assembly plants. This person will work closely with the lead BMS and Pack Integration DRE, software engineers, technical specialist, other engineers, and plant personnel to ensure Battery Management System is successfully implemented in the battery pack assembly.
- Perform Battery EOL testing and assist in troubleshooting and report issues for resolution.
- Support problem solving activities by analyzing EOL data with Vector CAN tools, INCA, or plant tester diagnostic tools, or by visual inspection.
- Aid in the authoring of EOL tester change requests.
- Aid in change control and establishment of clean points (may require part relabeling / off-line re-flashing as needed)
- Establish and document new requirements, best practices, and lessons learned as appropriate, with guidance from BMS engineering.
- Maintain end of line test core standards and support project teams to develop application specific test procedures and standards
- Support vehicle triage and systems level troubleshooting of the battery pack on the vehicle assembly line and flexibility to support field issues as well.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering with manufacturing experience or equivalent education in manufacturing principles.
• Combination of business focus, analytical and problem-solving skills in order to quickly define solutions within a specific application.
• Must have experience with data acquisition and have the ability to use development diagnostic tools and data acquisition tools: INCA, Vector tools: CANalyzer.
• Excellent oral and written and communication skills.
• Ability to work within a team and with a proactive attitude.
• Proficiency with application engineering principles
• Process oriented, and high attention to detail.
• Electrical Engineering degree with 2-3 years of industry experience
• High Voltage Battery or High Voltage powertrain experience
• Experience with Electronic System level troubleshooting and embedded controls/complex function root cause analysis.
• Understanding of diagnostics fundamentals
• Extensive knowledge and hands on use of INCA, CDA, CAN, CANalyzer, Canoe, and other Electrical root cause tools (such as oscilloscopes, etc.)
Additional Must Haves:
Knowledge in CAN Communication protocol
High Voltage Battery or High Voltage powertrain experience
Understanding of diagnostics for an electronic module
Extensive knowledge and hands on use of INCA, CDA, CAN, CANalyzer, Canoe, and other Electrical root cause tools (such as scopes, etc.).
Knowledge in J1979 diagnostic standard
2-3 years experience
Location: Onsite at Battery Plant 100%. Windsor Assembly Plant, Windsor Canada
No Driving a Stellantis Vehicle required
Occasional travel to the US for meetings required (occasional meaning 1 to 2 times per month)