Design, develop, validate, and release air intake system components for internal combustion engine and hybrid electrified vehicles. Components include various types of low-pressure side clean and dirty side ducts, air cleaners, make-up air hoses, and other related items including resonators, air filters, and brackets. Components will be developed using best practices and methodologies such as CAE, System Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Design Validation Plans (DVP&R).
Candidate will be responsible for a set of air intake system components potentially any/all stages of vehicle development. This includes early packaging, development and execution of components to meet air intake system functional objectives. Activities include coordinating CAE, CAD design, prototyping, and testing – as well as the documentation of those activities. Depending on program, engineer may be required to support sourcing activities and/or once a supplier is sourced, coordinate and track supplier progress to ensure part maturity and milestones are met. Engineer also expected to support vehicle assembly and vehicle testing to resolve any issues related to air intake systems. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to supporting quality concerns, process change validation, and technical cost reductions after vehicle launch.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited program
• 3+ years of related experience required.
• Working knowledge of air intake systems and components
• Ability to proactively communicate with others - including teammates, stakeholders and supervisor
• Ability to effectively operate independently in a remote or hybrid office/remote workplace
• General knowledge of CAD design
• General knowledge of spreadsheets and building presentations
• Ability to create and apply component and system DFMEAs and DVP&Rs
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to lead and manage Suppliers
• Must be able to manage multiple concurrent activities
• 2 years or more experience with air intake systems and related engine or vehicle level testing and data acquisition
• Experience with plastics manufacturing processes – especially injection and blow-molding technologies
• Knowledge of FCA systems and processes
• Green belt or equivalent experience in DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) proactive and/or reactive quality tools
• Familiarity with powertrain software and controls
• Working knowledge of UG/NX CAD systems
Additional Must Haves:
Remote with occasional travel to US for meetings (occasional meaning 1 to 2 times per month)