Manufacturing Engineer 29708
Location: Mapleton, Illinois
You will love working as a Manufacturing Engineer in Mapleton, Illinois.
This is on-site Manufacturing Engineer role.
If you have experience working as a Manufacturing Engineer or experience working in a similar type of engineering or manufacturing position, this could be the perfect job for you.
You will enjoy a long list of perks in this Manufacturing Engineer role:
* Competitive salary
* Outstanding health insurance that begins first day of hire
* Positive, team-oriented working environment
* The chance to make a difference at a dynamic and rapidly growing company
* Tremendous opportunities for career growth and advancement
What you'll be doing:
In this exciting Manufacturing Engineer role, you will work to improve the safety, quality and efficiency of metallurgical inspections of large engine castings.
You will provide engineering support in maintaining and upgrading metallurgical testing capabilities.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Material Science or a related technical field OR at least 7 years of job-related experience in quality, manufacturing or engineering.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including PowerBI.
* Knowledge of the Six Sigma problem solving toolkit.
* Knowledge of shop operations and maintenance procedures.
* Zero-Injury and Stop-to-Fix mindset.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong ability to collaborate effectively across cross-functional teams.
(NOT required, but a definite plus)
* Knowledge of Caterpillar quality and manufacturing systems such as EtQ, Infinity, Redi and Dozuki.
* General understanding of metallurgical processes and testing.
* Hands-on mechanical experience.
* Mechanically and electrically inclined.
For prompt consideration for this Manufacturing Engineer role, please apply today.
We look forward to reviewing your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer.