Job Title: CNC Production Engineer
Location: Berea, Ohio
Direct hire CNC Production Engineer role in Berea, Ohio.
What you will be doing:
• Promptly troubleshoots and fields issues/diagnosing faults as they arise on the shop floor; including, but not limited to CNC programs, part features vs. prints (ergo- dimensional sign-offs), instruction on proper inspection techniques, interpreting engineering drawings, utilizing tools, use of control panel at machine, etc.
• Works interdepartmentally to achieve tasks and improve efficiency throughout; using knowledge and knowing when to enlist a more experienced co-worker to get the job completed accurately and in a timely manner
• Performs job planning through all routed operations - research, quote, ordering, and approval for optimal tools and other equipment required to manufacture parts to customer specifications • Assures product and process quality by precise design of fixtures, gages, and any other required components for fabrication of parts to customer specifications
• Utilizes superior engineering practices to create accurate drawings, layouts, Dimensional Control Plans, and other relevant documentation required by each operation
• Completes ongoing and new hire training with department setup operators
• Manages discipline and coaching in coordination with plant management for all CNC Lathe and Mill employees
• Setups and operates Lathe and Mill operation machines, when necessary
• Completes reviews and job performance documentation for CNC Lathe and Mill Operators
• Works with QA Department on PPAP Documentation, PFMEA, PFD, etc
• Streamlines and navigates complex processes/operations by use of ERP (IQMS) software
• Develop standards/work instructions as required by individual operations
• Works alongside various team members to improve the efficacy of the engineering department – reviews co-worker documentation as needed for conformance to engineering standards and to ensure highest part quality at lowest cost while ensuring part is made to customer specifications
• Travels to necessary customer or vendors as required
• Performs all other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED), Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred, and 2-5 years of engineering experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, data reports, and inventory documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, company management. Ability to effectively present information to company management
• Computer Skills - Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, Word, Excel, IQMS/DELMIAWorks, Autodesk AutoCAD / FeatureCAM
• Other Qualifications – Must have valid driver’s license, must be able to travel to customer or vendor sites with the possibility of overnight stays
• Adaptable –Picks up on the need to change personal, interpersonal, and managerial behavior quickly. Watches others for their reactions to his/her attempts to influence and adjusts. Seeks feedback. Is sensitive to changing personal demands and requirements and changes accordingly.
• Analytical Thinking – Synthesizes complex or diverse information, collects and researches data, and uses intuition and experience to complement data to effectively troubleshoot
• Care and Use of Equipment –The extent to which the employee is able to perform all maintenance and operations checks of job-related equipment.
• Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Communication - The ability to inform orally and in writing, with clarify and good effect. It means to understand clearly and quickly when instructions or orders are received. It means judgment about what information is important and what is not, and what should be communicated, how, to whom and when.
• Design - Refers to the ability to generate creative solutions. Translate concepts and information into images. Apply design principles. Use feedback to modify designs. Demonstrate attention to detail. Makes good use of available materials resources. Has ability to develop new and original ideas, creates effective designs. Use intuition and experience to complement data. Explore multiple options to overcome technical, workflow and design obstacles. Change approach or method to best fit situation. Consults with other co-workers and various resources.
• Developing Employees—Provides challenging tasks and assignments. Holds frequent development discussions. Constructs compelling development plans and executes them. Pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves. Will take direct reports who need work.
• Use of Technology - Refers to the ability to demonstrate required skills. Adapts to new technologies. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity and keeps technical skills up to date
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the individual must be able to remain in a stationary position for 35 percent of the time while operating their computer, performing office work, and traveling to vendor sites. The individual needs to occasionally move about inside the office and at customers and vendors sites and position self near the ground to file, reach above head to retrieve materials, restock printer, and other daily tasks. This individual must occasionally move up to 50 pounds. They frequently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine, fax machine, and computer printer. They must be able to exchange accurate information with clients and others in the office while interacting. The individual must be capable of reviewing their work for errors and make adjustments as necessary.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals based on the condition at customer sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The individual frequently works in a controlled climate.