|Job Description||Mechanical Engineer 3 326-1|
The main function of a mechanical engineer is to research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes. A typical mechanical engineer has the ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints.
|Candidate Responsibilities||Job Responsibilities:
• Research, design, develop, manufacture, and test tools, engines, machines and other mechanical devices.
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
• Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendation to maintenance crew.
• Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using tools, equipment or software.
Typical Day: Typical day will include a wide variety of engineering activities, including:
• Prepare conceptual designs in support of the development of complex battery systems
• Evaluate and optimize designs using simulation tools
• Create FMEAs for components and battery systems
• Provides support and guidance to colleagues responsible for portions of the product to ensure product requirements and development schedules are met
• Utilize the DMAIC problem solving process to resolve design issues within the context of NTI (New Technology Introduction), NPI (New Product Introduction), or CPI (Current Product Improvement).
• Collaborate with external suppliers to ensure component manufacturability and meet cost targets.
• Hours are flexible around core hours
• Expected to come into office 2-3 days per week
|Typical task breakdown:
- Creo 3D modeling and engineering
- Drawing creation and detailing (lower frequency)
- Current product design modification and design
- Manufacturing (factory and supplier) collaboration
Interaction with team:
- Daily interaction with team leader, peer engineers, and extended engineering team
- Collaboration with Chennai India Caterpillar engineering team
- Collaboration with factories in the USA, China, and Brazil
|Education Requirement||Education & Experience Required:
- • Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
• 5-7 years experience required.
|Technical Skills Required|
- Ability to work in Creo
- Heavy Structures design experience
- Experience with Caterpillar TeamCenter
|Soft Skills Required||Soft Skills
- Good communication both verbal and written
- Ability to work in Creo (over one year experience)