The Powertrain Design Release Engineer is responsible for the design, development and release of components and subsystems in Automatic, hybrid transmissions and EDM gear reducers.
Main Design Release Engineer Objectives:
- Develop technical requirements for components and subsystems of Automatic, hybrid transmissions and EDM gear reducers
- Evaluate designs to the "engineering best practice" documents
- Develop DFMEAs and access designs for failure modes robustness
- Develop DVP&R plans to validate design changes
- Develop Tools, Test Procedures and Acceptance Criteria for transmission components
- Collaborate appropriate Design Detailing and CAE activities for design updates and or new designs
- Support manufacturing on production related issues
- Generate and implement cost reduction ideas
- Participate in warranty/cost reduction meetings and develop solutions for warranty issues
- Conduct root cause analysis of transmission failures and identify the root cause/s
- Collaborate with transmission systems group to address and support any failures using the appropriate tools and processes
- Provide guidance and direction to suppliers through resourcing, process or sourcing changes, and development using the appropriate change management system
Important to note the manager is not looking for Designers. The candidates would have Product Engineer on their resume as that is the term that is commonly used elsewhere.