Wire Installation Design Engineer III - 3132
Interface with external and internal customers to develop and maintain wire harness detail, installation, and bundle assembly. Create and coordinate solutions for 2D and 3D wire harness installation designs and incorporates changes to design plan. Performs complex design change incorporation as required. Provides functional and technical direction and guidance to support personnel and less experienced engineers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain Wire Harness physical design and installation (e.g. 3D wire harness installation models, wire harness assembly models and 2D formboard drawings)
- Perform assigned tasks meeting the organization's expectations for quality, schedule and process compliance
- Collaborate and coordinate with customer to develop design solutions. Contacts subcontractors and suppliers to exchange technical data and coordinate project execution.
- Ensures application of business unit best practices and identifies the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools.
- Translates program technical requirements into work requirements, processes, and tasks
- Develops solutions to complex problems, which require ingenuity and innovation
- Mentor less experienced staff in the use of CAD and other design tools. Providing guidance and reviews of work as necessary.
- Identify and communicate the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools or new/enhanced design requirements and provides solutions.
- Ensure design optimization through commonality, cost, weight, producibility, and maintainability of design.
- Communicate and/or implement design solutions
- Ensure compliance to design requirements
- May confer with more experienced designers and other subject matter experts to interpret design concepts, determine nature and type of required detailed working drawings, and coordinates work with others
- Applies knowledge of airplane and component production methods and technologies in the fabrication design of electrical wiring into work requirements, processes, and tasks.
- Follows documented processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacturing of wire harness bundles.
- Investigates moderately-complex manufacturing process or engineering related issues, and develops solutions to problems
- Communicate and facilitate the implementation of 2D and 3D Wire Harness physical design and installation between internal and external customers
- Focal for common change process and engineering work statement definition
- Monitors and provides status of wire installation activities at airplane level
- Provide Major/Minor determination for change classification as a Design Approval Engineer (DAE)
- Regular, predictable attendance is required
- Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture
- Other duties may be assigned
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- 6+ years experience in an engineering classification
- 3 years CAD design
- 5 years Electrical/Mechanical design or installation
- 3 years Aerospace industry (preferred)
- Ability to effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
- Exercises broad latitude in determining technical solutions.
- Ability to lead activities and teams.
- Ability to make decisions applicable to job level and responsibilities.
- Is considered expert in engineering principles, theories, technologies, and concepts in assigned discipline.
- Working knowledge of configuration management.
- Understanding of product lifecycle management.
- Knowledge of Fabrication/Manufacturing processes for applicable designs
- Capability to integrate overall System/Airframe designs
- Understanding of design requirements flow, validation and compliance verification
- Able to understand technical data
- Capable of resolving design issues by means of problem solving methodologies
- Proficient in 2D and 3D CAD design (e.g. CATIA, AutoCAD, Pro-Engineer)
- Knowledge of MS Office computer applications
- Fluent in English (Written and verbal)
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.