Combination of tasks in the Cleaning department to achieve agreed upon performance levels with respect to job safety, quality, production, cost, housekeeping and delivery. Perform all duties within the Cleaning department as required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
- Break-off using hydraulic wedge or mall
- Sort gating into the proper PD/FD bins
- Load, run and unload parts from the wheelabrators
- Operate equipment control panel as needed
- Sort castings into appropriate bins after blast clean
- Inspect castings for visual defects
- Accurately record identified scrap
- Read process sheets to determine job specific requirements
- Maintain and clean equipment and work area
- Alert supervisor to safety and or maintenance concerns
- Perform daily operator PM’s as assigned
- Assist in grind and general foundry cleaning as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of break-off, grinding, blasting and inspection.
- Prior foundry or heavy industrial work experience preferred, not required
Physical Work Requirements:
This position involves regular: bending and lifting; continuous standing for long periods of time on anti-fatigue mats; pushing, pulling, and carrying of heavy parts and machines repetitively,
must be able to use arms, hands, legs and feet in repetitive motions. Must be able to wear required PPE including respirator.